As video consumption shifts from TVs to mobile devices, video marketing has become more powerful than ever. Mobile video marketing is the perfect way for businesses to engage with their target customers in a memorable way and still influence customer behavior. Read on to learn a few ways you can use mobile video marketing to influence customer behavior and drive business growth.
Create a Personal Connection
Humans are naturally drawn to visuals, which makes mobile video content an ideal tool to connect with an audience. Mobile video marketing can help you create a personal connection with your target customers that transcends the traditional boundaries of advertising. You can trigger emotional reactions in viewers and increase engagement with your brand.
To evoke deep emotional responses in your target customers and influence their behavior, you need to understand what would resonate with them. For instance, if you run a high-end real estate agency, you can create video content that speaks to the desire for extravagance and exclusivity. Your video should have a refined, luxurious feel that highlights the unique features of the properties on sale.
You could also leverage vertical orientation footage, so mobile viewers can take in the full effect of your video ad. This way, your customers can zoom in on the video to see even the most delicate details of your property. Plus, the orientation naturally fits mobile screens, which improves the viewer's experience. The result is a personal connection that is almost tangible to win over potential customers.
Leverage Real-Time Engagement
Real-time mobile video content is a powerful tool for customer engagement. You can use video to interact with customers directly and in real time, which can greatly impact their behavior. This strategy can be particularly effective for businesses that offer services or products related to lifestyle, like fashion and beauty products.
To really inspire your mobile users, you can use video overlays to let your viewers feel like they are right in the action. Video overlays allow you to add certain elements to your video, like text and graphics.
For instance, if you put up a video of a model as they style an outfit with your fashion products, you can add video overlays with product descriptions and pricing. This strategy allows viewers to learn more about your product line and encourage them to purchase the items featured in the video. After all, they have all the information they need right at their fingertips.
You can also use real-time mobile video content for customer service purposes. If you receive questions or inquiries from customers, a real-time video response is a great way to respond to them quickly and with relevant demonstrations.
This way, you can build trust and loyalty, which could drive customers to purchase your product. The strategy works well on popular social media platforms due to their tremendous user engagement.
In addition, mobile video content offers a great opportunity to create exclusive video experiences that customers can't get anywhere else. For instance, you could create video tours of a product that is only available to customers who view the video on their mobile devices. This strategy adds value to your video content and encourages customers to engage with your brand.
Use Analytics to Monitor Customer Behavior
Mobile video marketing allows you to track customer behavior and gain insights into their reactions. You can monitor customer engagement and use analytics to optimize video advertising campaigns. This tactic enables you to better understand your target customers, their preferences, and patterns.
For instance, if you post video content on social media, you can track how many people watched the video, viewer hours, and how many times your viewers shared the video. This data can help you identify what video content resonates with customers and adjust your marketing strategy accordingly.
You can also use video analytics to know how customers interact with products or services. For instance, if you have a video tutorial on how to use a product, analytics can show you which parts of the video customers watch often and where they drop off.
This information can help you make improvements and optimize video content to serve customers better. If you change your approach, potential customers may find video tutorials more useful and informative, which could motivate them to make a purchase.
Millennials and Mobile Video
Millennials are known for their love of technology and their preference for mobile devices. One area in which this is particularly evident is in their use of mobile video. Whether it's through social media platforms like TikTok or Instagram, or through streaming services like YouTube or Netflix, millennials are consuming more video content on their phones than ever before. This is partly due to the convenience of having access to high-quality video content wherever they go, as well as the ability to easily share and connect with others through video. Additionally, many millennials are opting for mobile video over traditional TV or movie watching, as it allows them to customize their viewing experience and discover new content that may not be available on traditional media channels. Overall, mobile video has become an integral part of the millennial lifestyle, offering a new level of connectivity, entertainment, and personalization.
Learn more about How to Create Engaging Instagram Videos: Tips & Tricks for Marketers
Gen Z and Mobile Video
Gen Z, the generation born between the mid-1990s and the early 2010s, is known for its affinity for technology and mobile devices. With the rise of social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram, Gen Z has embraced mobile video as a primary means of expressing themselves and connecting with others. Love and dating are no exception. From sharing romantic moments to creating cute couple content, Gen Z couples are using mobile video to document and share their relationships with the world. Mobile video has become an integral part of Gen Z's love language, allowing them to communicate their feelings and build a sense of community around their relationships. Whether it's through a funny dance video or a heartfelt message, mobile video has become a powerful tool for Gen Z to express their love and connect with others.
The Power of TikTok
TikTok, a social media platform designed around short-form video content, has emerged as an incredibly powerful tool for reaching audiences. There are several reasons why it is such an effective medium:
- Mobile-First Approach: TikTok's mobile-first approach caters perfectly to today's digital consumption trends. People use their mobile devices for just about everything, including consuming media content. TikTok is designed to be consumed on the go, and its short video format fits into the short attention spans of mobile users.
- Demographics: TikTok's primary audience is younger people, particularly Gen Z and younger millennials. These demographics are often the hardest to reach through traditional media channels, making TikTok a valuable platform for anyone looking to engage this audience.
- User Engagement: The app encourages high user engagement. With the ability to like, share, comment, and create duets, TikTok's platform fosters a community feel that draws users in and keeps them active on the platform.
- Viral Potential: TikTok's algorithm is designed to promote content that users engage with, and its ease of sharing helps content to spread quickly. A single video can potentially reach millions of viewers overnight if it resonates with the audience and catches the algorithm's attention. This virality aspect makes TikTok an attractive platform for creators and brands alike.
- Creative Freedom: TikTok allows users to experiment with different types of content and find their unique voice. The app's range of editing tools and effects, combined with the short video format, fosters creativity and allows users to craft engaging, high-quality content without needing professional equipment or editing software.
- Authenticity: On TikTok, authentic content often performs better than highly polished, professional videos. This trend enables creators and brands to connect with audiences on a more personal level, fostering trust and building stronger relationships.
- Educational Content: TikTok is not just for fun and entertainment; it also serves as a platform for educational content. This allows brands and organizations to provide value to their audience and build credibility in their field, further enhancing their reach and influence.
- Hashtag Challenges: TikTok's unique feature, hashtag challenges, encourages user-generated content around a specific theme or task. Brands can leverage this feature to increase engagement, gain user-generated content, and increase visibility.
- Influencer Marketing: TikTok is home to a new generation of influencers, who have managed to amass large, loyal followings on the platform. Brands can collaborate with these influencers to reach their audience and increase their brand visibility.
Learn more about TikTok Video Ads: Ad Specs and Creative Best Practices
Create Actionable Content
To make the most out of mobile video marketing, you need actionable content. Videos should encourage viewers to do something about what they've just watched. The immediate action could be to purchase a product, sign up for an event, or visit your website.
When you have actionable video content, you'll likely have higher conversions and greater customer engagement. For example, if you want to launch a new product, your video should have a clear call-to-action that viewers can follow to learn more and purchase the product.
This type of content is especially effective on mobile devices, which enables viewers to act quickly and conveniently. Mobile devices allow users to click through video content and quickly follow links to whatever you want them to buy.
At Colormatics, we understand that video content can profoundly impact customer behavior. We specialize in video marketing services that encourage action, increase engagement, and boost conversions. Contact us today to learn more about how video marketing can help your business.